Deep Thoughts

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Mommy time

Mom is coming!!

She will be here this Friday and will stay until late June. I can't wait until she gets here :). I know some of you might be wondering - "Why is she SO thrilled? It may be nice to see Mom, but have her stay for over a month - Oh My!"

Well, you see it's different. Firstly because she stays over 7000 miles away (basically in a different country, different continent) and it's not everyday that you go on such a long journey. Secondly because I haven't seen her for about 1.5 years; I saw her last when I went back home in December 2004. Thirdly because she will be visiting United States and our home here for the very first time and I am excited to see her reaction :). Fourthly because she hasn't really been out much since my Dad passed away over 1.5 years ago and she really needs this change. And lastly because she is an excellent cook (aren't all Moms!) and I know she is going to totally pamper me with all her delectable cooking.

Oh, and I forgot to add that she gets to see my commencement ceremony this Saturday!!!

4 Comments:

  • How great! It sounds like the two of you are going to have great mother-daughter time and that you have a lot of catching up to do. Have fun!

    By Blogger JustRun, at 8:07 PM  

  • HOw absolutely wonderful for you!!! I can totally relate to the excitement you feel because my parents live on the other side of the world, too and making the 17-hour trip to Canada (not counting transit time) is very hard on them, and as a result I don't get to see them that often!

    I love it when people visit us for the first time - they always help me discover certain aspects of my city/country that I hadn't seen before.

    I just noticed you call India home. So do I!!! :)

    Have fun with your mom, I am so happy for you!

    By Blogger Lotus Reads, at 2:43 PM  

  • JR - We really do!

    Lotus - Thanks for dropping a line. You're right about people visiting for the first time. Mom got here in the morning, and I am remembering things that I had to learn to when I got here :). I knew from that text "Kamla aur Kitaben" on your blog that you must hail from India! Great :)

    By Blogger deepThoughts, at 5:09 PM  

  • Enjoy your mom's visit, I am so glad she arrived here safely.

    Yes, and my Indian friends never stop pointing out that I misspelt "kitaben", but I don't know how to correct it. I seem to have misplaced the software with the Hindi font! :)

    By Blogger Lotus Reads, at 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home