Deep Thoughts

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A perfect long weekend

I loooove long weekends...Especially super long weekends...Especially when they are not rushed and packed with places to visit. This was one such weekend and the best part...It is not over yet :)

I did so many things this weekend that I'd been wanting to, or meaning to, or simply needed to, but was never getting a chance. Here's a random list of things I did this weekend which I'm glad about:

  • Went on a nice long walk with hubby
  • Saw some good movies
  • Did 14 loads of laundry...Yup 14! - Probably my all time high
  • Packed up my winter wardrobe (freshly laundered ;)) and got the remaining of my summer clothes out - Yipee! (I don't want to think about the fact that there are only so many summer months before I do the whole process again!)
  • Cleaned up and reorganized my kitchen cabinets - Put my new labelmaker to good use! It's incredible how organized everything looks when there are labels involved)
  • I'm finally catching up on blog reading and writing...the entire last month went in a whirlwind with all the traveling and my swimming lessons (they were great!).
  • Met a good friend after more than a year; Met his wife (they got married in February) for the first time.
  • Will be having some friends over tonight for a farewell dinner of sorts
  • Played card games with hubby....I'm currently losing...more games to continue today :)
  • Read a great book that I had first heard about on NPR - Letters to Sam. I'm more than half way through the book and have been touched by what I read so far.

P.S. Mom left last weekend. She had a wonderful time and so did we. The house felt so terribly empty after she left. Hopefully not for long though...we have talked my in-laws into coming over and they will probably be here before the end of the month!! We're very excited :)

2 Comments:

  • Wow...you were one busy bee. Seems like you would need another long weekend to recover.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:08 PM  

  • Wow. Nothing like catch up, huh? :-)

    By Blogger JustRun, at 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home