Deep Thoughts

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

What a gruesome day

As I got in my car yesterday morning, the radio warned me to not take the Masspike citing this terribly tragic accident. How awful and sad? My heart goes out to this family.

As I sat down for lunch, I was asked "Did you see the news?" When I replied in the negative, I was informed about the train bombings in Bombay. Now, Bombay is a place very close to my heart...it the place where I went to college , it is the place where I met my husband, it is the place where we have countless friends and family. So far, we have heard from most of them and to our relief (Thank God) they are all doing fine. There are others whom we haven't yet been able to contact and I really hope they are doing well too.

Here's sending lots of good thoughts and prayers to all people who have been struck by these two horrible tragedies.


Filed in:

4 Comments:

  • I can somewhat imagine that feeling, I had it on 9/11. Family and friends so far away and not being able to know if they're alright. It's awful. My heart goes out to the people as well. The world is small and I think, in some ways, we are all affected by terror now.

    By Blogger JustRun, at 12:24 PM  

  • JR - This morning someone pointed out that this event happened on 7/11 - Coincidence? I think not.

    By Blogger deepThoughts, at 1:42 PM  

  • Yeah, the Madrid bombings happened on 3/11. It is so much more than we know and I hate that.

    By Blogger JustRun, at 9:11 PM  

  • Glad to hear that all your family and friends were safe.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home