Deep Thoughts

Friday, February 24, 2006

Daddy's girl

Who knows
when or
where
it will strike.
I am afraid
of Life.
Death is okay;
it will strike
only once.
- Gulzar "Death"

February 24, 2006
Today would have been Mom and Dad's 28th wedding anniversary.

Called Mom this morning and this was how it went:
Mom: I was thinking you'd call.
Me: Yeah, I thought you might be expecting my call.

That's all she or I could say. It's been 15 months since he passed away, but it doesn't seem to hurt any less. I miss you Papa.

This morning I remembered this incident from when I was about 10 or so. It was around the time my grandfather passed away and we had lots of relatives at our house, many of whom I had never met before. One of grandpa's cousins came to me and asked me "Whose daughter are you?" (My dad was one of 7 siblings and he meant to ask whose child was I). Instinctively, I said "Daddy's!!" (assuming he was asking me if I was Daddy's girl or Mommy's girl)

Daddy, I will always be your little girl.


Filed in:

4 Comments:

  • I can't really express how what you've written here has touched me. I know 15 months seems like seconds some days and others, it seems like so much more.
    Your dad clearly had a great daughter.

    By Blogger JustRun, at 8:59 AM  

  • This is so very touching. I'm a daddy's girl as well, and I can't imagine that kind of loss!

    By Blogger Bre, at 12:50 PM  

  • Thanks for understanding :)

    Sorry for being away for so long...Will try to post sometime next week.

    By Blogger deepThoughts, at 3:12 PM  

  • Haven't forgotten about ya!
    Hope you're doing okay. :)

    By Blogger JustRun, at 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home