Deep Thoughts

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Our bundle of joy

Please join in me in welcoming our little bundle of joy - Laila (pronounced Lye-lah)!

We adopted her from a shelter and she traveled all the way from Tennessee to be with us. She has been with us a week now and is absolutely adorable. This little girl is about 4.5 months old and is already 35 lbs. - Yup, she will be a big dog! She is a Golden Retriever/Great Pyrenees mix.



She is the first pet that my husband and I have ever had (translation - any advice regarding bringing up puppies is very welcome) and we are both nervous, excited and overjoyed at the same time :). She loves people and is a complete charmer in the neighborhood. It is so amazing - we have talked to more people in our neighborhood in the last week than we have in the previous 11 months!

Filed in:

7 Comments:

  • My goodness, she's adorable! My best advice is to take puppy classes with her, because there is so much to learn as far as training goes that's hard to articulate online. I've raised many puppies in my lifetime and the biggest thing I've learned is that you have to establish who is boss (and it can be done in a loving way!) early on! :) Good luck and let me know if you need anything!

    By Blogger Bre, at 4:52 PM  

  • Thanks Bre! Puppy classes are definitely on the agenda.

    By Blogger deepThoughts, at 12:01 AM  

  • What a sweet looking puppy you have . . .

    By Blogger Jeff Mather, at 8:43 AM  

  • She is adorable! Congrats on the new addition!

    And yes, I'd definitely go to puppy school with that one. Also, the "Kong" is the best dog toy invented in the past ten years (in my opinion, anyway.)

    Have fun with her!

    By Blogger JustRun, at 8:45 AM  

  • Jeff - Thanks for stopping by and commenting! She is a sweetheart :)

    JR - Thanks! Yeah, I agree about Kong (especially when filled with Peanut butter!). Another of her favorites is this squeaky stuffed toy which she has beaten to death but it is still going strong!

    By Blogger deepThoughts, at 7:28 AM  

  • Thanks Neil!

    By Blogger deepThoughts, at 10:10 PM  

  • Oh, I love it & from other pics I can tell that you are as blessed as she is!

    By Blogger skinnylittleblonde, at 11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home