Deep Thoughts

Monday, March 20, 2006

Finally!!

Two days after my Reasons to celebrate post, I got another great reason to celebrate, one that I just have to share with you. I graduated!!!! (after a long long thesis writing period). Now, this was no Ph.D. thesis (I'll leave that to hubby - Good luck honey! ), I was only trying to complete my Master's thesis. But boy, was it hard!

This was how it went:
Nearly two years ago, when I was almost (or so I thought!) done with my thesis, I got this job offer which I just couldn't refuse. It was my dream company and I was so close to graduation that I couldn't think of not taking up the job and regret afterwards. And so I accepted the offer after convincing my advisor that I will work very very hard - evenings and weekends - and make sure I finish in a couple of months. He warned me that it will be hard and it is very easy to lose motivation when you start working. Over the next few months, I saw his words coming true. After spending most weekends and some evenings at school, and still seeing no end to the research work (let alone thesis writing), my visits to school became less and less frequent. At work, few people discouraged me by saying - it's not going to happen, we have seen this so many times.

Well, to cut a long story short...I proved them all wrong and did it :). I defended my thesis in November last year and got my degree this Friday. The commencement ceremony will be in May. I am happy :)


Filed in:

4 Comments:

  • Congratualtions! Way to prove 'em wrong!

    By Blogger JustRun, at 11:26 AM  

  • Congrats!!! That's very exciting! Does your brain feel bigger already?

    By Blogger Bre, at 11:33 AM  

  • Congrats!! I've been there and done that - it was like seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and then discovering there was one more turn to take. Sheesh. Good for you that you did it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:16 PM  

  • Thanks all!!

    Bre: I'll have to think about that one :)

    GirlGoyle: I couldn't have said it better.

    By Blogger deepThoughts, at 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home