Deep Thoughts

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Thank you for the music...

What better way to ward off melancholy than to count your blessings and give thanks for all the good things in your life. I was inspired by J (I can't for the life of me remember how I got to her blog, but I'm glad I did). I really enjoyed her blog and would encourage you to look at it sometime. Like her, I am going to list down the big things which matter the most in my life and will attempt to continue this, with the smaller things that I am grateful for, on a weekly basis (which will hopefully be a good way to keep life in perspective and keep me from taking this wonderful life for granted).

1. I'm very thankful for my husband. He is a sensible, thoughtful, loving and handsome man. He loves me like crazy and makes me feel great about myself. He is so much more than I deserve! He loves and respects his parents like I have never seen any person do and has made them really proud. He is the youngest sibling with two elder sisters who absolutely dote on him and he loves them back many times more. We are yet to have kids, but every time I see him with his niece and nephews, I smile and just know that he will be a wonderful father too :)

2. I am thankful for my in-laws who are very kind and loving people. My father and mother-in-law absolutely adore me. From the very day they met me, they accepted me wholeheartedly in their hearts and lives. When I was having trouble finishing my thesis, they came over to help me get away from the nitty-gritty everyday chores (MIL took over cooking and FIL took care of laundry) and concentrate on writing. Does it get any better than this? My sisters-in-law and their families are also wonderful people that I am very grateful for. They are not the usual nosy and interfering sorts, but very caring and understanding. For them, the fact that my husband loves me is reason enough for them to love me and hold me in the highest regard! I love my husband's niece and nephews who bring tons of joy in our lives.

3. I am thankful for my Mom and Dad and my brother. My parents gave me a wonderful childhood, great set of values and a good education. I read this somewhere a long time ago "The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother." I am lucky to have parents who loved each other and their kids very much. I am also very thankful that I got married before my dad fell ill and passed away. It would have been a heartache for life if it wouldn't have been my dad who gave me away.

4. I am thankful for my friends. I have been blessed with good friends all my life. I am the kind of person who just needs friends to survive, and by God's grace, I have never found myself without a friend whenever I have needed one.

5. I am thankful for my job and the intellectual challenges and the financial stability it brings. I am constantly aware of how lucky I am to work in the place that I do. Getting this job was a dream come true and I am very grateful for that.

And lastly, thanks to all of you for listening!!!



Filed in:

2 Comments:

  • This is something I could stand to do more often.
    Thanks for the reminder. :-)

    By Blogger JustRun, at 9:19 AM  

  • Wow...you also have a lot to be thankful for. Nice to stop and remember sometimes, huh? :) I liked this idea as well. I'm thinking of keeping it up, though, like you said, with the smaller things. I'm glad you found my blog, or I found yours, because you write well and I enjoy it.

    By Blogger J, at 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home